KIPP Harmony Parents Association
Looking to get involved with the Harmony KPA? Contact Kathleen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our communications list serve.
Harmony KPA Officers
President: La'Tonya Graham - KHAPresident@kippbaltimore.org
Vice President: Sheryl Flythe - KHAVicePresident@kippbaltimore.org
Treasurer: Keisha Powell - KHATreasurer@kippbaltimore.org
Secretary: Sharnessa Moore - KHASecretary@kippbaltimore.org
Please click below to see minutes from our previous meetings.
How does KIPP go about selecting and hiring HIGHLY QUALIFIED teachers?
Students at Title I schools are expected to receive instruction in core academic subjects (including reading and language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and the arts) from highly qualified teachers.
At KIPP, we go above and beyond the traditional hiring process to make sure that your child’s teacher has the experience, content knowledge and best practices needed to meet the high expectations of the KIPP program. Our teachers undergo a rigorous interview process that includes teaching a sample lesson and using mock data to plan and set goals for students. Once a teacher receives an offer from KIPP, they are then interviewed and processed by BCPSS to ensure all requirements have been met to ensure the teacher is highly qualified to teach their assigned subject and grade level.
All KIPP parents and guardians have the legal right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of the teachers and paraprofessionals who work with their children, including:
- Whether a teacher has met state qualifications and licensing requirements for the grade levels and subject areas being taught
- Whether a teacher is teaching under a waiver as an emergency, temporary or provisional teacher
- A teacher’s undergraduate degree major and other education and certification background information
- A paraprofessional’s qualifications
For more information regarding a teacher’s credentials, please contact Hilarie Yoffe, Director of Communications, at email@example.com or 410-564-9241
- As I look back on why I choose KIPP Ujima Village Academy it was because of what KIPP had to offer. My daughter needed a school that was challenging and better than the average middle school. I was sold on the slogan Knowledge Is Power - and their commitment to prepare her for high school and college. — Janet Alford, 7th Grade Parent