How does KIPP go about selecting and hiring HIGHLY QUALIFIED teachers?
Students at Title I schools are expected to receive instruction in core academic subjects (including reading and language arts, mathematics, science, social studies and the arts) from highly qualified teachers.
At KIPP, we go above and beyond the traditional hiring process to make sure that your child’s teacher has the experience, content knowledge and best practices needed to meet the high expectations of the KIPP program. Our teachers undergo a rigorous interview process that includes teaching a sample lesson and using mock data to plan and set goals for students. Once a teacher receives an offer from KIPP, they are then interviewed and processed by BCPSS to ensure all requirements have been met to ensure the teacher is highly qualified to teach their assigned subject and grade level.
All KIPP parents and guardians have the legal right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of the teachers and paraprofessionals who work with their children, including:
- Whether a teacher has met state qualifications and licensing requirements for the grade levels and subject areas being taught
- Whether a teacher is teaching under a waiver as an emergency, temporary or provisional teacher
- A teacher’s undergraduate degree major and other education and certification background information
- A paraprofessional’s qualifications
Did you know that KIPP Baltimore has a partnership with DLA Piper to provide free legal services to KIPP families?
DLA Piper attorneys can usually assist with the following issues:
- Consumer Protection
- Criminal Injuries
- Employment Matters
- Estate Planning
- Minor Criminal Matters
- Public Assistance/Benefits
- Social Security Disability
- Special Education
- Tax Disputes
- Veterans Benefits
How Does it Work?
- To make an appointment or discuss your situation, call the Legal Services hotline at 410-580-3929 anytime and leave a message
- A DLA representative will call you back by the next business day, ask questions, and fill out an intake form with you
- An attorney will review your intake form and tell you whether and how we can help you
After-school Enrichment Activities
KIPP Harmony Academy offers after-school and enrichment activities through the arts, athletics, and clubs such as:
- K-2nd Soccer
- Black Girl Magic
- Peace Players
- Girls on the Run
- Passion for Fashion
- Chess Club
- Thespians Society
- and more!
Visit goo.gl/V2Lt5L to learn more about activities offered throughout the 2017-2018 school year. Please fill out and return permission slips to the main office or to Mr. Slosek. For any questions, please directly contact Mr. Slosek at email@example.com or 315-725-5787 or 410-300-7981.
Parent Involvement Plan
Click here to download the Parent Involvement Plan.